18 Mar Curried Lentil Soup (with Fennel Essential Oil)
A couple of weeks ago there was surprisingly a coldish, rainy day in QLD and I was CRAVING soup! I’m very much trying to make sure I’m using all the things I have in my pantry before purchasing more from the supermarket (apart from fresh food), so we popped together a soup using things we had! I have made it again and doubled the recipe so that I can freeze some for easy lunches and dinners!
- Olive Oil
- 1 drop Fennel Essential Oil
- 2 tsp Mustard Seeds
- 1 tbsp minced Garlic
- 2 tsp Ginger
- Chilli Flakes to taste
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric
- 1/2 tsp Curry Powder
- 1 500g can Lentils (macro organic)
- 1 500g can diced Tomato (organic)
- 1 Red Capsicum chopped
- 1 tbsp Nutra Organics Vegetable Broth with 2 cups water
- Half bunch of Kale or Spinach leaves roughly chopped
- 1 cup Frozen Peas
- Coriander leaves for garnish
- Heat a splash of olive oil in a large saucepan, and add mustard seeds, garlic, ginger, chilli, turmeric, curry powder and onion. Cook until tender. Add lentils and coat with mix.
- Stir in tomatoes, capsicum, vegetable broth and bring to the boil. Once boiled reduce to a simmer and add the peas and kale.
- Simmer for 10-15mins, take off the heat and add a drop of Fennel EO and serve with coriander!
Enjoy! Let me know if you make it and what you think!